Ora Research investigates new technologies that foster innovation, quality and performance and reduce schedule, cost and risk in the engineering of manufactured products and constructed assets. We seek to identify technologies and attendant work processes yielding high return for initial adopters and on the cusp of first-wave mainstream acceptance.
We aim to inform and guide professionals with fresh information about these technologies and their successful adoption and application.
- For engineering organizations within discrete manufacturing enterprises, process/power/offshore EPCs and owner/operators, and building and civil infrastructure contractors and owners, we offer research and advisory services to help evaluate, select and justify new technology investments.
- For technology providers, we qualify and quantify emerging market opportunities, validate demand drivers, analyze industry competitive dynamics, and help craft competitive positioning.
- For institutional investors, we provide insight into industry competitive dynamics, revenue and growth potential, and emerging market opportunities for technology providers.
Current research focus areas
- Simulation-led, systems-driven product development
- Democratization of engineering modeling and simulation
- Simulation app revolution
- Design space exploration
- Simulation for the Industrial IoT
- Big-data analytics in simulation
- Cloud HPC for simulation
- Topology, materials and process optimization for AM
- High-performance built-asset engineering